‘Tis the Season for Customer Appreciation!!
As 2015 draws to a close, it’s a good time to reflect on the business year and how you want to say “thank you” to your customers. The following digital marketing tips will give you some tips to show your appreciation through your digital marketing channels.
The simplest way to say “thank you” is to utilise your digital marketing channels: social media, email newsletter and website.
You can let your customers know when you will be available and your hours of operation over the break, send them a “Happy Holidays” message and simply let them know you are thinking of them this holiday season.
While “thanks” has a nice ring to it, words just don’t carry the gravity of actions. If you’re in the customer service business—and every business is, in some capacity—you should strive to continually show your gratitude to customers in fun and memorable ways. – Help Scout
If another group email saying “Happy Holidays” seems a little half-hearted. Then follow it up with a personal email. Focus on doing what you feel your customer would value; even if that means not sending anything out and putting your effort into following up with customers when they return from their holidays. This time of the year, many people are just trying to get through their “to do” lists before they head off on holidays. In complete contrast, when many people arrive back at their desks in the new year they may be thinking “now, where were we?” and keen to get started into the new year with a bang. If you can help them with their “to do” list – make sure you get in touch and put the offer out there.
So how do you say “thank you” to customers for their business this year? Here are some ideas:
- Write it in words – a “thank you” note or email, written to them personally to let them know you value them.
- Help your customers to learn something new. Deliver them value in information that can help them.
- Give back – show your gratitude by making a donation to a charity
- WOW one customer… reach out to them and say “thank you” in a big way by giving them a very special gift this Christmas
- Give them the gift of your time, rather than lavish gifts how about just calling and saying “thank you”.
- Offer a surprise upgrade. Remember the days when you could receive a free upgrade on airlines? How nice a treat was that!!!!
- Offer them help. It’s a busy (often stressful) time of year… a well-timed offer of help can make your customer very, very happy.
You can also share the Christmas love on social media with banners, posts and feature images. Here are some to get you started:
For more Christmas digital marketing tips on how to reach out to your customers through digital marketing this Christmas, check out this great article by Charles Gaudet of Predicatable Profits. For those that are more tactic focused, this guide from StartupSmart is a recap of some of the most often used Christmas selling tactics.